Monday, December 05, 2005

Seven Things Post

I've been seeing posts a lot in the past few days with seven topics to which you are supposed to give seven answers for each. The first question, of course, is Seven things I want to do before I die. And some obvious answers include get married and have kids, some other answers have included go bungie jumping, go skydiving, go scuba diving, write a book, ect. Anyway, as I read the replies I honestly couldn't think of to many things. The first thing that pops in my mind when I think of that question is that I want to glorify God. I'm not joking. That has been the first thought each time I see one of these posts.

Sure, I'd love to go to Italy, but I guess I don't really see myself doing that because it's only after I've sat for a while and thought about it that I've been able to come up with that. I had to force myself to come up with something other than my desire to glorify God.

Now the question is, why should I want to do any more than that? And why is it that I felt like that wasn't enough, like I should want other things besides? Congrats Kristina, you just talked yourself into conforming to the world. In my head I thought there should be more, after all these people probably didn't beat their heads against the wall to make their lists, so why am I having such difficulty? It amazes me how far I have to go even still. I don't think I should want to be able to create lists like this. Lord willing I'll learn to handle this idea better. All I want is to allow Christ to move in me. So, that's my answer. I want to glorify God in it all and desire nothing else.

No comments: