Friday, December 16, 2005

It's that time of the year

It's December, and what comes in December? Why Christmas of course! And it comes with the territory, Jesus is getting talked about a lot (granted so is Santa, but that is subject for an entire other post) because of it. The world takes notice, never does the name of Christ get mentioned so much as in December. The world talks about Jesus, whether or not His name should be attached to the holiday season, and of course the church talks more about Jesus during this time of the year. It's only natural after all.

What is interesting is that this year, aside from the yearly controversy of whether or not Christ should be mentioned in corporate advertising, Joseph has taken the world by storm. I don't think I've heard or seen so many mentionings of Joseph until this year. Really. I've watched three different things on the History Channel, all of which Joseph is mentioned profusely, in fact one show was devoted entirely to him. Joseph is the winter's hot Biblical character. Mary Magdalene took the world by storm during the summer, now Joseph has the winter.

It's really pretty interesting, I've often wondered why Joseph isn't talked about more, and I guess I got what was coming to me because I can't seem to escape the man now.

What is my point? I'm not sure, I'm just wondering what the fixation is with Joseph this year.

No comments: