Monday, February 20, 2006

Food Review: Chicken Saltimbocca with Cannellini Beans with Herbs and Prosciutto

Last night I made Chicken Saltimbocca with Cannellini Beans with Herbs and Prosciutto for the second time. The first time I made it I had partnered up with a friend of mine and we made it for her grandparents who are in their 70s, this time I made it for a family that is near and dear to my heart with two children as well as my own children.

Here's the run down:

It is pretty easy to do all you really need is to allow yourself enough time to make it, if you rush you can get easily overwhelmed. Smell factor? Fantastic, I love the way this meal smells. Of course I use more garlic than it calls for, and we all know how I feel about garlic. The kids seemed to enjoy it, despite the appearance of spinach in the chicken, even my boy ate it and he eats almost nothing new.

My alterations

Last night I didn't use cannellini beans because the store didn't have them when I went shopping. I don't remember what I used, but either way it turned out fine. Also, rather than getting some greans and laying the beans out on that I just took some of the spinach from the chicken and mixed it in with the beans. It tasted pretty good to me, and I don't normally like spinach or beans.

So, wrapping up I think the meal was a success, I enjoyed making it, and unless I hear from my friend nobody got food poisoning as a result of eating it. So, this meal is an easy five stars.

No comments: