Monday, December 12, 2005

It has been quite a year

My beautiful daughter just had a birthday. And I couldn't help but reflect upon the last year with her. She's gotten so intelligent, developed a silly sense of humor, an appreciation for the finer things in life (Veggie Tales), and grown so much in so many ways.

And as I reflect upon the past year of her life, I see the past year of my life as well. I see how I have developed an appreciation for Veggie Tales in a whole new way, I see how much I have grown spiritually, and I see how much mediocrity God has delivered me from. It has been rather painful at times, this growth and deliverance, but it has definitely been a blessing. I've learned so much about myself, about my relationship with God, and even my friendships with other women. There have been plenty of tears, more heartache than I would like, yet there has been so much love. So much joy, that the good overwhelmingly overshadows the bad.

This year has been the most trying of my life, and I thank God for that. Do I hope that the coming year is a bit easier? Of course, but even if it isn't I shall rejoice. I'm gold being refined in the fire. I'm being tested and perfected. I'm being molded into the woman God created me to be. I'm learning how to be the mother my children need, a better friend to the people around me, and daily I'm learning I cannot stand upon my own feet for long without assistance from my God of falling flat on my face.

No comments: