Saturday, December 03, 2005

I'm at it again...God helps those who help themselves?

I DON'T THINK SO. I was clicking around, and decided to stop by Girl Talk, a blog I read from time to time, and I found this article concerning our dependance upon God (even in the small things).

Proverbs 3:6: “In all your ways acknowledge him.”

...

Proverbs 3:6 is our go-to verse when we’re faced with a big decision. We are often quick to acknowledge the Lord and seek His guidance in extraordinary situations. However, we assume we can “carry on…the ordinary matters of the day without his counsel.” God calls this self-idolatry and pride.

How often I live as if I don’t need God in order to clean my bathroom, or discipline the boys, or find that perfect gift for my mother-in-law, or put up Christmas decorations—as if I am sufficient in and of my self to handle most things! My lack of dependence upon God is pronounced in these “ordinary matters.”



PS: You guys sure are getting a look at the sites I read this week! I wonder how many outside links I have posted? Anyway, I like Girl Talk. After all, I am a girl.

No comments: