Tuesday, November 22, 2005

What am I thankful for?

It's that time of the year, we are all reflecting upon our lives it seems. Trying to find meaning in the madness, seeking the good out, finding things to be grateful for. Well, I'd like to share a short post to answer the question of the season. That question, of course is "What are you thankful for?"

I am thankful for Christ's saving grace most of all, but my thankfulness is certainly not limited to it.

I am thankful for every beat of my heart, it is truly amazing to realize it could stop at any moment, I am thankful for my beautiful children who continue to astound me. I am thankful for my friends, my family, and even my enemies. Perhaps especially them b/c it is through them I learn to love beyond what my flesh and emotions would allow me, I learn to love through an act of will. It is because of them I have learned I have to desperately seek God's will and strength to be able to love those who I don't feel like loving, so I am thankful for my enemies.

I am thankful for Frenzy board, my blog, and the endless resources that are available to me via the internet, the library, and other people's knowledge.

I am thankful for the desire to learn, I am thankful that I am not content to stay as I am - to stay in mediocrity. I a’m thankful for the freedom I have, and I am thankful for those who don't have my freedoms yet continue to strive to glorify God despite the opposition and persecution they face daily. I am thankful that they have drawn so near to God that they are unwilling to let His message suffer for the momentary comfort of themselves and their families.

I am thankful that such faith and strength is available to each of us, it is ours if only we would ask. I'm thankful that I can come to God, that He hears me and cares for me.

No comments: