Thursday, November 17, 2005

God hears me when I call!

As some of you may know, I play guitar & piano a bit. I also sing, albeit I think not very well. Some people think I have a good voice, others are not so fond of it. Really the opinions on my singing are all over the place. Anyway, it really doesn't matter because I like to sing. Even if my voice is awful I'm always singing. And with good reason. I serve a God who deserves praise and honor! And so I sing. Or I write. Or I simply spend time with Him.

But what amazes me is that while I am fumbling around trying to find the words to thank Him, while I may sing, in a voice that is definately not comparable to Judy Garland or Audrey Hepburn, He accepts it. He takes the praise I offer up to Him. It doesn't have to be perfect, it doesn't have to be pretty (by the world's standards) for Him to accept my praise and thanks.

And, today that just really got hold of me. I was praying and goodness knows my mind was all over the place and I was having a hard time trying to express myself, and I was getting frustrated with myself. And He just spoke to me. God in His great love for me, accepts my flounderings and gives me peace to know that He has heard me AND understood me.

There is just no getting around it, God blows my mind.

Anyway, here's the song that came to me after I spent my quiet time with Him and started doing my dishes.

It Is Well With My Soul

When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well with my soul

Chorus:

It is well (it is well)
With my soul (with my soul)
It is well, it is well with my soul
My sin o the joy of this glorious thought
My sin not in part but the whole
Is nailed to the cross and
I bear it no more paraise the lord, praise the lord,
O my soul
And lord haste the day
When my faith shall be sight
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll
The trump shall resound and
The lord shall descend
Even so it is well with my soul

No comments: