Friday, November 11, 2005

Girl Commits Suicide: Online newsgroup proofread the suicide note

This video is probably one of the saddest things I've seen in a long time.

Knowing that we can at any point terminate our lives can be a powerful incentive. "Okay, now I can do anything. If the heat gets to be too much, I can push 'eject, game over,' and I don't have to worry about the conditions I've created for myself."
...
If we're really creative, we may rig up a type of death which serves to accomplish something long in our wake, as is said of Jesus and Socrates.
Source (Italics mine)

I cannot begin to tell you how this grieves me. It truly breaks my heart. What bothers me even more is the fact that there are people on message boards and web forums encouraging others to kill themselves when they themselves will not do it. Sadly, the ones that follow through with the advise probably never see through the hypocrisy of it all.

One website I found proudly lists photos from various people's suicides, as well as sketches of different methods, and still this does not seem to deter people. It is only by the very grace of God that people are saved from such states. If nothing else, we can pray. Pray God reach the lost, pray they would call out to God as He is the only One Who can deliver them from their pain. Death will not cause it to cease, I pray people would see this.

No comments: