Thursday, June 02, 2005

A brief update

Let me think...I'll start with William I guess. He's doing wonderfully, God is really doing a great work in this little boy. He is talking so much more now, it is remarkable. Just a few of his new favorite things to say include: Baby (meaning birdy), Where did he go? (this is his first sentance!), More juice (his first two word combination), drink, milk, Sasha, cheese, go, Jesus, Amen, and Andy (Andy is his uncle and the only person on Chris' side of the family that William wasn't saying.) So, yes we are very excited. On the downside, he's going through another "I don't eat anything but cereal, noodles, or toast with cream cheese" phase. It's cute but frustrating.

Julianne is doing well, getting big. She is in love with her toes, looking at them, biting them, it's all about the toes. She continues to be enamored with her big brother, and is currently in love with my friend and her two daughters. Not that I blame her, Kristin is one heck of a person and her kids are so cute you could just eat them!

Sasha, our dog, drives me crazy. She still goes potty in the house occasionally, and barks all the time. But she's good with the kids, and she watches the house so...yea.

Our veggie garden is starting to take. I'm going to have to put these plants in the ground soon, the pots are getting crowded. My lavender is taking its sweet time, but I'm not sure how fast it is supposed to grow so whatever. And the flowers Kristin gave me are reviving nicely.

........

On a more personal note, God has been amazingly faithful to me. I've been having a lot of stress the last couple of weeks, yet without fail when I turn to Him and ask for help He gives me a deep sense of peace. Randomly I feel like I can't go on, that I'm not strong enough for this and when I cry out to Jesus it's like His hand is on my shoulder and He is whispering that everything is going to be alright. I can't begin to tell you how great that is.

I love that even when I'm alone on my floor in tears I'm not ever actually alone. I've got a support that never fails. And as if that weren't enough, God has blessed me with a new friend who always seems to manage to say exactly what I need to hear. What God puts on my heart she manages to confirm even without me saying anything. I don't know why He loves me this much, but I sure am glad He does!

No comments: