Saturday, June 25, 2005

Esther, a Veggie Tales Movie

Ok, so William loves V.T. because Larry is silly. And that's ok, because as he gets older he'll start getting something more out of it. So I buy him a video once a week, it's his treat. But it is a treat for me as well. It seems like, though they are definitely geared for kids, I'm getting a lot out of them spiritually right now.

So, we got Esther tonight. I'd never seen it before. HOLY COW. Man, they did a great job with this one. The animation, the script, THE MUSIC...Seriously if you haven't seen this one you need to. Anyway, like I said, I'm getting a lot out of the movies.

Here's what I got this time:

Tell me why, I don't understand.
Tell me why, or show me your hand.
Tell me why because I can't see my way through
What now...should I...do

The battle is not ours
We look to God above~
For he will guide us safely through
and guard us with his love

I will not be afraid
I will not run and hide~
For there is noting I can't face
when God is at my side
No, there is nothing I can't face
when God is at my side

The battle is not ours
We look to God above
For he will guide us safely through
and guard us with his love



This is absolutely beautiful. The lyrics are fantastic, it has this haunting melody, and then the score just tops it off. I think this is one of the best songs I've ever heard for a movie. And the fact that it is for a kid's movie makes it even more special!

No comments: