Friday, June 24, 2005

Concerning my beauty post

Please note, the point of the beauty post is not that we should completely withdraw from the world, nor is it that Christ died on the cross only to make me feel pretty. The point is that this world's perception of beauty is skewed and unattainable, and that God loves us for who we are and that our spirits are beautiful. Physical beauty fades, it's all about the spirit here.

Christ died on the cross so that we might have life, and life to the fullest, so why shouldn't that fact touch us and help us to realize that we're beautiful? Yes, beauty is less important than realizing Christ died for our salvation, but what are we to do? Just say "Thanks Jesus for saving my soul, now I'm going to buy a copy of Cosmo to see how to make myself beautiful!" He wants to transform us, inside and out. He wants to transform us, but if we don't surrender ourselves to His power He's not going to force us to change...Which means we could continue on chasing the airbrushed beauty and continue to feel broken, dejected, and empty inside.

Anyway, I just thought I'd clarify that a bit.

No comments: