Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Santification

Frenzyboard topic on santification

I'm stealing my post from the topic, then I'll expand if I have anything else to say. It pretty much says where I'm at in my life though.


Well, santification can be a tough thing. You have to be willing to go through...it's hard to let some things go in order to be santified. Our flesh clings to things, a book, a cd, even a person. But once we know the truth and understand we are free in it, we have something to look forward to. Yes cleansing yourself of certain things/ people can be difficult, but ultimately what more do you need than Christ? ::shrug:: I don't know, I just figure a lot of times we are called and recieve Him, and sadly a lot of times we stay at that point. We say to ourselves, "Well, Christ loves me and it doesn't matter what I'm into because I've accepted Him"

And that is fine, for a time. But if you really want to know God, you have to give up the world. And that can be frightening. But the Bible says "You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord's table and of the table of demons." So what is that to us? Quite obviously you can not be with God and with demons. Does light not cast out darkness? Does water not wash away dirt? So, if we are to truely be of and with God, we can not be with immorality, we can not be evil, ect.


Just my thoughts. Also, I was reading 1 Cor. today and came upon this (chapter 7 verse 34) and I thought it was interesting.

"There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world - how she may please her husband."

This verse speaks to me a lot lately. I feel like I've been living that for quite some time. Putting the needs and desires of a man before God. And while it pains me to not have that man in my life anymore, at least in the way he had been, I'm glad for it. I'm getting back to where I should be. Once this is all behind me I'm going to be such a better person. I'm going to be so much more interesting, because I'm going to be focused on the Lord in such a new way. I already am getting there, and I know this is a life long journey. I'm learning so much, about myself and my interaction with people, and about Christ. I don't know that I would have reached this point without going through what I am right now.

I'm choosing to put aside worldy things. Yes, I'm going to miss certain things b/c they have been dear to me but I know in the end of it all I'm much better off. I want to partake of the Lord, and I can not fully do that until I've purged myself of the world.

No comments: