Sunday, May 28, 2006

This is my Bible

I am what it says I am, I can do what it says I can do...We have to look inside ourselves and see the good that is in us...


The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9)

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. (Isaiah 64:6)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us...For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. (Romans 5:7-8, 19)



I'm guessing this isn't quite what that man had in mind when he said it. I've said it before and I'll say it again unless I am in submission to Christ I am in a state of rebellion (and rebellion, in case you didn't know, is naughty) and nothing I do will be good in the eyes of God.

No comments: