Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Give Me It Now!

In short, Americans want it all NOW. Or awfully close to now.
Source

Does this really surprise anyone? I mean it sure doesn't surprise me. Can you imagine the chaos and heightened irritation that would take place if something like our emails quit working for more than an hour? When mine isn't working the first thing I do is check the connection, if that's down I take steps to try and correct it, and if I can't fix it I'm on the phone very quickly. Now cable TV is another matter, that could go off for a month and I wouldn't notice. But is this really news? We've been spoiled by the ability to get so many things so quickly that by in large we expect these concepts of instant gratification to extend to all aspects of our lives, and when they don't we lose our cool. We're a spoiled lot.

No comments: