Friday, April 14, 2006

When Will The Lost Be Found?

I have some people in my life, as we all do, who do not know Christ. Not in a way that they should. They might have grown up hearing that Jesus died for their sins, that salvation can only be found through Him, but for whatever reason they haven't embraced the freedom found in this truth. Perhaps they keep themselves busy with a religion, with tradition, wrongly thinking that just attending church shall save them. Perhaps they busy themselves with self indulgence, they try to fill that gaping hole in their hearts with things, or people, rather than realizing it is only God who can fill that emptiness. I find myself often times frustrated by this. They're so close and yet so far, and my heart breaks for them. I long for my loved ones to find the saving grace of a life submitted to God's will.

Recently I was crying out concerning this to the Father and I was wanted to know when. When will they see, will they ever accept, ect. It seems I want them to come to Him RIGHT NOW - even now I find myself struggling with impatience and the desire for instant gratification. Yes, they need Jesus. But it won't happen before He has determined to. And I have to keep that in mind. When it is time He will call, and no matter what I do that moment will not come any sooner than He desires it to.

And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, (Galatians 1:14-15, emphasis mine)

Paul was called WHEN God determined it was time. Paul did not come to Him in his timing, rather God came to him in His timing for His great pleasure. Before he was called Paul loved his religion and the traditions that went with it. But those traditions had no power over him when Christ called.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

If all these things cannot separate the believer for Christ's love then surely if He has foreseen our acceptance of Him nothing will stop that from happening, not even our man made traditions, nor our pride, nor our idols. If He has foreseen my loved ones acceptance of His grace when He offers it, then who am I to demand He hurry up? He has everything in control, He calls us each when it is time and not a moment sooner.

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. (Ephesians 1:5-6, emphasis mine)

And now I must wait, prayerfully rejoicing in the fact that He is in control. His will shall be done. And while I may not know when I must remind myself that I do not need to because He does.

No comments: