Thursday, April 06, 2006

The LORD Hath Heard and Will Answer

My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long?
Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.
For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.
Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping.
The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer. (Psalms 6:3-9)


In times of trouble, in times of despair, in times of mourning and frustration it is easy to become overwhelmed. When I've cried out to my Father and soaked my pillow with tears and sweat sometimes He still seems distant. For whatever reason sometimes I wonder "Oh, God, how long? How long will You stay Your hand? How long, oh Lord, shall I be here in this ungodly situation, when shall I see deliverance? When, Father, when?!"

Often in those times of despair Satan tries to bring me to doubt. He tries his very best to get me to think that maybe, just maybe, God doesn't hear me. It becomes easy to buy into that. My flesh is constantly at odds with my spirit. What my heart and soul know my flesh attempts to reject. If I do not bring myself to submission in Christ daily (even hourly) it is easy to question. "Hath God said?" An overwhelming and thunderous YES is revealed throughout Scripture, and through our lives. YES, He hears His children crying out and He WILL answer their call. YES the Lord God Almighty hears me, cares for me, and shall deliver me...In His time for His glory.

And that's where it gets difficult most of the time, many of us have grown up getting what we want when we want it. We live in a society consumed with instant gratification. Email, instant messaging, cell phones; we hate to have to wait for that letter to be delivered or to have to come home to use the phone. And so we expect, often subconsciously, God to be like that. We want to be able to pick up God in a bottle, give it a rub and get our wants and needs met immediately. Would we admit to that out loud? Odds are we wouldn't. But if we examine our hearts, how often do we want that answer RIGHT NOW?

We have countless promises from God that He will come, He will deliver, and He will repay each of us for our faithfulness (or unfaithfulness as the case may be). He has given us His Word, His vow, and He is true and faithful. So when He seems far off, once we have examined our own hearts for deceit and disobedience, we must hold on to His promise. He will come, He is coming, and YES He hears us. My God is with me!

No comments: