Thursday, March 30, 2006

Disappointment, Grief, Struggles, & God's Will

I was at GirlTalk (yes, AGAIN!) this morning and Janelle was discussing grief - specifically pertaining to the loss of a relationship, though the quotes she shares from a book she read during a trying time in her life certainly go well beyond the scope of marriage. I'm attaching a quote she posted from Is God Really in Control? (previously entitled Trusting God) by Jerry Bridges.

"God in His infinite wisdom knows exactly what adversity we need to grow more and more into the likeness of His Son. He not only knows what we need but when we need it and how best to bring it to pass in our lives. He is the perfect teacher or coach. His discipline is always exactly suited for our needs. He never over trains us by allowing too much adversity in our lives.” Page 122


I'm sharing this because I found it to be quite encouraging. We each have our struggles, and sometimes it is easy to lose sight of God's Hand in adversity. But it is always there guiding us through, if only we'll grab hold of it. When we come to Him, we find rest. When we accept and submit to His will, even when we don't understand it, we find peace.

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
(Matthew 11:28-30)

No comments: