Monday, June 05, 2006

How I Love Moments Like This

You know sometimes I just catch a glimpse of God's love, a glimpse that is much more clear than my every day understanding. Sometimes it just hits me, overwhelms me really, and I can scarcely believe the mercy, grace, and love He has bestowed upon me. Honestly I can't explain it, I don't even understand it sometimes. All I know is that He has chosen me, has called me, has redeemed me, loves me, and protects me despite the fact that I have done nothing to deserve it and countless things against Him. And it's enough. It is more than enough. My God is here with me, and is willing to use little ol' me as an instrument to display His Glory. Truly astounding. I love moments like this, the realization of His love has been freshened this past weekend. I hate becoming complacent about it, about the cross, about the sacrifice Christ made, but I let myself become so far to often. But He has answered a long standing prayer, and will continue to answer a prayer...Soften my heart, peel back the layers of hardness and transform me, ah how it amazes me how He's already moved in this prayer! And how I rejoice in knowing He will continue! Truly God is good.

No comments: