Sunday, January 22, 2006

Thoughts For a Sunday Evening

I've been spending a lot of time lately thinking about Christ and the surprising event that was my salvation. And I've been thinking about how far I strayed from that for so long, and even more surprising is the fact that He took me back. I betray my Savior more than I care to, yet He is here when I turn back to Him. I long to stop my seeming constant slip ups, but at the same time it is these screw ups that I realize just how amazing Christ is. Truly there is nothing I can imagine that is more beautiful and humbling than knowing Christ "died to give us life, and to give us hope He rose." (Veggie Tales reference) It is a bitter sweet thing, knowing my Lord died for me makes my heart break and at the same time makes my soul soar. I'm not sure I'll ever truly be able to explain my feelings regarding the amazing sacrifice that was provided for me by Jesus. But I know that's alright. I don't have to be a poet to thank God, I just have to be willing.

No comments: