Monday, October 31, 2005

Elvis impersonations? Forget that, I've seen Jesus impersonations

That's right. This guy, probably older than I am (I'm nearly 22) showed up admist a group of young witches, goblins, and werewolves (oh the irony, I wonder if he planned it) wearing all white and a crown of thorns, carrying a chalice, and had a cross strapped to his back. Apparently Jesus hangs out with Zorro (he had a friend with him who was Zorro).

He probably thought he was being cute, or clever, or something. I had mixed feelings on this one. First off, I was offended b/c that's just terribly disrespectful. But then I felt sad for him because I seriously doubt he has a relationship with Christ. Sadly, the heartbreak for this young man didn't set in until well after he had left. And besides, I don't think it'd be a terribly good idea to engage in conversations on my front porch alone, in the dark, with men I don't know while my kids are inside watching Veggie Tales.

So, all I can do is pray the Lord would meet him and reach him.

No comments: