Friday, April 22, 2005

Isaiah 26:3

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you!

I'm in love with this verse. Ask me why later. Oh, and be sure to read Genesis 29. It is a great read. Keep a look out for Leah, and remember that the only person you need to love you is God. I'll expand later...

Ok, it is later. The reason I love that verse is fairly obvious. I bet you could pretty much guess it. I love Isaiah 26:3 because I long for that peace. I want to be able to just trust God and know everything will work out. Slowly I am getting to that point, but I still struggle at times.

Do you remember that game one would play as a child? Where you would stick your arms out to the side and fall back trusting your friend would catch you? Remember how nerve wrecking that could be? It is like that, only there is no reason to be scared because God never drops the ball. He's always there, always with perfect timing and gives us his full attention. He'd never forget to catch us. But still we worry.

2 comments:

pureonyx said...

I trust in God too, although my faith is different from yours. I wonder though, whether a God-fearing person would still keep with his trust in God after having had to go through something horrendous...

Kristina said...

Something horrendous such as what? I've gone through quite a bit, though I was not a believer for most of my life, and all I can say is thank God for the people he put in my life through that time. And that is the point of faith isn't it? To trust through it all, to believe even though you may not be able to see proof...