Tuesday, March 22, 2005

R&B song coming, update on the family

Lately I've been in the mood for a lot of R&B. In fact it's pretty much the only music I've listened to for about 2 weeks. I even dug out some cool old songs that I listened to in middle school. Oh those were the days. Anyway, I've had some crazy beats floating around in my head and so there is a song in the works. The drums & bass line are this really neat loop I found, I've laid down the main vocals, now I'm adding other stuff and tweeking everything. It is coming along quite nicely, I hope to finish it in about 2 weeks. I can't work on it everyday so it is taking longer to get done.

On the home front, Julianne is getting so very big. She's really quite beautiful, and she's not just beautiful b/c I'm her mom, she's beautiful b/c that's what she is. Be sure to check out the photos page at my website to see her and William.

William is getting big also. He's such an intelligent little boy. He's fond of matchbox cars and clocks. He's got a bit of a cold right now so he's not his hyper little self, but is really into being cuddled, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I expect to be hearing from the doctors soon on when we can get him evaluated for speech therapy. (His hearing is fine, but he doesn't talk much and is behind vocally. All other development is on track. I think he may just not want to talk, but to be on the safe side we're looking into speech therapy.)

Chris is doing very well too, he is enjoying the new truck a lot. It is very pretty. Have you ever heard that country song, I think it's called "Her favorite color is chrome"? That's me. I love the way it looks. It's so sexy. Anyway, check the photos page to see the truck, I should have pictures up sometime today or tomorrow at the latest.

I'm doing well, I've started working in the nursery at church again. I can't begin to explain how much I enjoy that. I missed it a lot, I hated taking a couple months off, but I had to heal from the c-section. And now that I'm back I feel great. God is good. I'm so thankful He has provided me with this outlet. I'm glad He has put the other women in the nursery to care for the babies. Someone told me recently that the nursery won't make or break a child's faith, that it doesn't matter if we talk to the kids about God, because at this age they don't really understand. While I understand what she's saying, I don't agree.

Yes, the nursery probably won't make or break a kid spirtiually, but what if that kid only hears about God at church? What happens if we don't make it a point to teach them about Christ while they are with us? Then we will have it on our souls that we didn't try to reach them. What's the point of having a nursery if you're not going to care for the children spiritually as well as physically. So, no. I don't agree. I think it is vital to talk to the kids about God. Even if it is only cute little songs and coloring pages. It helps them get started on the right track. It's all about foundations, and I want my children to have a good solid foundation in Christ, so yes the nursery being based on teaching the kids about Christ is important and isn't something that should be left out. And I want to go to heaven knowing I did what I could for the kids that were there.

No comments: