Saturday, July 08, 2006

There Is No Need To Fear The Unknown

If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. (Psalms 139:11-12)

Our human eyes struggle and falter in the darkness, in nearly ever culture the dark has been equated with the unknown and with death. When we don't understand something it is as if we were blind to it, Scripture indeed is like this. It is only when God opens our eyes that we are able to gain understanding that leads to repentance and servant hood in Christ.

But this is not the case with our dear Father. There is nothing hidden from Him. He sees all, and not even the darkest darkness can hide a single thing from His sight. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. There is nothing His infinite wisdom cannot comprehend. And so I rejoice. I may not know, understand, or see all but I serve the God who does. What have I to fear of the unknown when my Father, my strength, my guide, my shield, and my Lord has already seen and made a way through to the end for me?

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. (Matthew 6:34)

No comments: