Monday, July 25, 2005

Back to Nineveh...

So, as much as I am growing in the Lord I realize I still have quite a ways to go. Here is the thing, God has been showing me a lot of different things lately. The problem is that I tend to get ahead of myself and ahead of His timing.

Recently, I made a decision concerning the church I attend without waiting for His peace, without waiting for Him to release me, and now I have to go back and try again. The problem is that it involves a dear friend & I had made the decision under the guise of God's leading. Now, I do believe that the descion may be implimented in the future, but now is not His time for it. Now, because I rushed ahead I have to return, lay aside my pride, and apologize.

And that's the thing, I see even in this God's hand transforming me. The old me would have just gone back without saying a word and never brought up the issues again, hoping that everything would be forgotten. But I cannot do that. I have to stand up and admit what I did and take responsiblity for it. It would be easy to do it the old way, yet I know that isn't God's will.

I've been hitting a brick wall with Him, but until yesterday wasn't willing to go back. And another friend called me on it, told me a few things God had layed on her heart and refered me to this hymn coupled with a pair of verses. At the same time she was worried I'd be upset with her. Little does she realize I value that in a friend, when they are willing to risk offending you because they see something going on that isn't right. That's true friendship.

But boy oh boy, does God has interesting was of getting your attention. Whales, friends, songs...At least I don't have to smell like a fish while I apologize and go back to set things straight.


Take Time to Be Holy
1. Take time to be holy,
speak oft with thy Lord;
abide in him always,
and feed on his word.
Make friends of God's children,
help those who are weak,
forgetting in nothing
his blessing to seek.

2. Take time to be holy,
the world rushes on;
spend much time in secret
with Jesus alone.
By looking to Jesus,
like him thou shalt be;
thy friends in thy conduct
his likeness shall see.


3. Take time to be holy,
let him be thy guide,
and run not before him,
whatever betide.
In joy or in sorrow,
still follow the Lord,
and, looking to Jesus,
still trust in his word.


4. Take time to be holy,
be calm in thy soul,
each thought and each motive
beneath his control.
Thus led by his spirit
to fountains of love,
thou soon shalt be fitted
for service above.



"let him be thy guide,
and run not before him,
whatever betide. "

Now, if that wasn't a kick in the pants I don't know what is. It really was funny, not in a haha way rather in a "hey that is interesting...and heart wrenching" kind of way. As she was reading it to me we both just kind of stopped and said "ooh." It was dead on for my situation and we hadn't even set out with the intent of finding anything, she was just showing me what she and her husband had studied that day. God's provisions...

No comments: